Golden Drive Coquitlam,
BC V3K 6R2
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Position available: 1 NOC Group: 0711 NOC
Job Title: Operations Manager, Shot Blasting, Construction
Education and Training:
1) Completion of SPARC training program in Blasting required;
2) Comprehensive industry-specific safety training mandatory.
1) A minimum of 5-7 years of Project Management experience and experience working with portable shot blasting equipment;
2) Specific construction project management experience in Blastrac, Goff, or RBW projects;
3) Supervise maintenance of equipment on-site under operational conditions;
4) Must have knowledge of machine electrical systems and maintenance with basic electronic knowledge of machine controls and digital test equipment;
5) Welding and fabrication knowledge and experience essential; industrial maintenance experience will be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
1) Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and management skill;
2) Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
3) Possess exceptional organizational skills;
4) Must be self-directed, task and goal oriented.
1) Responsible for managing shot blasting division;
2) Direct and coordinate all operating functions of assigned shot blasting projects and assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that are in line with the company's objectives and strategies;
3) Responsible for overall leadership while managing the day to day project operations;
4) Provide leadership for the safe execution of all assigned projects and promote industry leading safety culture;
5) Ensure that all assigned projects meet client, industry quality standards and specifications;
6) Review, schedule and strategically plan project budgets;
7) Receive operational inputs from operators for the development and submission of project proposals and estimates;
8) Actively contribute to the on-going development and implementation/execution of project management best practices and its continuous improvement;
9) Conduct regular follow-ups with clients and crew to determine effectiveness and success of projects based on set criteria;
10) Maintain effective reporting communication with Company Principal, Supervisor, operators and field technicians;
11) Coordinate project schedules for crews and plans on various sites;
12) Responsible for hiring new operators/field technicians and provide effective training to meet growing crew requirements;
13) Overall responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of operational results.
Reporting to: Company Principal of Bioblast Canada based in British Columbia
Location: Company located in B.C. looking for Operations Manager, Shot Blasting, Construction working on projects in Edmonton, Alberta
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.